Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Honesty is the best policy



Once a school boy named Anik was going home after Completing his school. On his way home, he came across a bundle of 500 taka notes lying beside a small bush. He stopped and looked around. He found nobody coming along the way. He took up the bundle and hid it in his pocket. He again looked around and there were none on the way. He then rushed home. His father was reading a newspaper in the living room. He found Amok sweating profusely. "Anything wrong, Amok?", he asked anxiously  "No, father I'm all right. But look, I've found a huge amount of money on my way home."
Amok took the bundle out to his father. "But why have you brought it home?. It's not yours." "Father, I thought, it must be mine because there were none on the way. I swear I looked for the owner of the money." "My son, only what you earn honestly is yours. This bundle must be dropped from a passer-by. You should have tried to find him out." said Alok's father Mr. Jalil. "Sorry father, I've not acted righteously. Now, let's find out the actual owner." Mr. Jalil gladly said," Thank you, my boy. Always remember that honesty is the best policy."

0 comments: